Friday, March 9, 2018

Kryptonian Super-Pants!

Okay. Supergirl has super-powers. She has super-breath (I imagine super minty and cool). Back in the day, she even had a super-cat named Streaky. Nobody remembers Streaky, but when I was a kid, I stumbled across an old Legion of Superheroes comic where there was an ENTIRE Legion of Super-pets! Of course the membership included Krypto, Superman's dog. And Streaky, keeping it super-cat real (peace!). There was even a super-horse. Which is all very strange considering there were only two or three humanoid survivors from Krypton's explosion, yet a whole league of super-pets made the splash-down to Earth. But I'm super digressing...)

So while super-fighting super bad guys, you'd think Supergirl would benefit from some super-pants. Alas, it's not the case. In our current, hyper-sensitive Me-Too era (absolutely no thanks to our sub-super-president), Supergirl's still out there battling super bads while wearing a super mini-skirt.

Barely functional. Let alone super. I mean you don't see Superman flying the skies sporting a super banana hammock.

Let's super break this super double-standard down. While Supergirl's cruising over the city, she's shooting super-moon. When she gets knocked on her super arse, her ankles are up around her super ears. Sure, her super mini-skirt frees up her legs a bit to super high kick to the joy of teen boys, but still...enough's enough. Even Supergirl's bad gals and guys wear super-slacks, no super wardrobe-challenged fools in the face of danger.

We need to start a petition. It's 2018. Let's give Supergirl the super-slacks she deserves! Power to the pants! Bitches be wearing britches (sorry, couldn't resist)!

Have you checked out my super-fun books?
One super-click away from super-awesome reading pleasure!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Stuart. Your Friday blog is my guilty secret. You always put a smile on my face. And you're right, as always. Wonderwoman's shiny knickers must have brought a tear to her eye on many occasions. Yet, look back to the 1960s and there was Diana Rigg, suitably attired in stretchy pantsuits, wrestling burly baddies to the floor in The Avengers. She never looked anything other than elegant and comfortable. Bring back the stretchy pantsuit I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once owned a Superboy comic book with a whole feature about an adventure of the super pets. It was mostly about Krypto, though. I wish I still had that one, but at age ten I read it to pieces.

    ReplyDelete